Get details about engaging Hugh Blane, President of Claris Consulting, to speak for your organization:
Popular Presentation Topics
Hugh speaks on topics related to leadership, influence, team development, and change management. He customizes all of his presentations to ensure your organization’s specific needs are met and that you are delighted. His goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
Hugh’s most-requested topics include the following. Each can be presented as a keynote or a workshop, as well as a half-day – and in some cases full-day – seminar.
The Talent Alchemist
How to convert human potential into accelerated business results
Every organization has deep reserves of talented people unable to reach their full potential. Not because of inertia, ignorance, incompetence or indifference, but because of unnecessary barriers hiding in plain sight. In this presentation you’ll learn the three essential strategies required to convert human potential into accelerated business results.
Jumping The Curve
How organizations jump from the ordinary to the extraordinary
Organizations are being upended by the digital revolution, and ten year-old business models are becoming obsolete. In this presentation you’ll learn how successful teams and leaders develop innovative strategies that expand their product and service offerings while also providing customers with extraordinary value.
Mastering Your Mindset
Developing a mindset of passion, growth and innovation
The single greatest factor affecting a leaders or teams performance is their mindset…what happens in between their ears. It’s not the corporate strategy, it’s not the compensation plan, nor is it the market segments they’re pursuing. It’s what each leader and team member chooses to focus on, to believe, and to create for themselves and for others. In this session participants will learn how to cultivate the 5 essential characteristics of a powerful mindset.
The Strategic Technologist
How to convert technical expertise into enhanced strategic influence
You’re excellent at the technical side of work, but when it comes to the people, relationship and strategy side of work your influence falls off the table like a Sandy Koufax curve ball. In this presentation you’ll learn the seven essential skills of being seen as a profit center to be maximized versus a cost center to be minimized.
The Resiliency Advantage
Converting change and uncertainty from a long slow slog through enemy territory into an extraordinary life
Living in today’s world of work is not for the faint of heart. We are hyper connected, are given increasingly higher expectations with fewer resources, and are told to do more better, faster and cheaper. In this presentation you will learn the eights steps necessary for living an extraordinary life.
Creating a culture where the extraordinary is commonplace
Innovative technologies, global competition, diminished resources and a heightened war for talent have transformed the world of work. What remains to be transformed is the leadership responsible for navigating these changes. In this presentation, leaders will learn the 13 principles used by successful organizations to transform their leadership, their culture and their business results in extraordinary ways.
MASBO Annual Conference Keynote Speech
Kudos from Clients
Here is what a few event sponsors said about Hugh’s presentations:
“Well done! Time flew by – which means I was really engaged!”
– Brian Hopstick, National Association of Educational Procurement
“Hugh is a master at helping strong teams harness their individual strengths to become even better.”
– Dr. Timothy Chester, CIO, University of Georgia
“Hugh brought a wealth of information, business savvy and insight to create real-world results.”
– Pam Whall, LifeCenter Northwest
“Hugh’s presentation was great. Very knowledgeable and made it fun.”
– D. King, National Association of College and University Business Officers
Hugh Blane’s Commitment to You
Hugh is committed to your event’s success – not just in words, but in actions. These four commitments are aimed at making your event extraordinary for you and your audience:
- Exceed Your Expectations: You and your audience are discerning. You can smell an off the shelf presentation a mile away. Everything Hugh does and says will be relevant to your audience so they think, feel, and know the presentation has been tailored directly for them. To that end, your process begins with an in-depth interview, so that Hugh can fully understand your expectations, your business strategy, and what WOW looks like for you and your audience. He will also schedule a follow-up conversation to discuss outcomes.
- Unlimited Access: Prior to your event you will have unlimited access to Hugh within ninety minutes of your phone call and within three hours of your emails.
- Marketing Assistance: In addition to the standard copy for your website and brochure, Hugh will create a pre-conference video that integrates your strategic message with the content of his speech. He will also post an announcement about your event on his blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want the additional visibility.)
- Commitment to Learning: In order to solidify the learning from your event and my speech, Hugh will create a customized video to follow up with your audience. He will also post the slides from his presentation on his website along with articles, videos and book recommendations that will be beneficial to your audience.
Hugh’s Background in 200 Words
Hugh has been speaking publicly for more than 20 years and has spoken to audiences in Singapore, Korea, France, Canada, Germany, Qatar, and 31 U.S. states. He started in management consulting at the age of 27 doing business reorganizations in the healthcare field.
After his father passed away without providing financially for his mother, Hugh decided to enter the insurance and investment management business, where he helped female investors not only accumulate wealth, but enjoy more rewarding, secure and enriching lives.
Hugh’s consulting practice is committed to achieving accelerated business results. He will never claim to be an expert in your products and services – you know your business best. He will claim, however, to have unrivaled expertise in converting individual, team, and organizational potential into extraordinary performance.
Hugh believes in giving back to his community, and has co-facilitated leadership seminars for at-risk families, served on the strategic planning committee for the Boys and Girls Club of King County, and been a triathlon mentor for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training.
Hugh lives with his wife, Alyson, in Seattle, Washington. He enjoys reading, exercising, spending time with Brooks, his 80-pound Giant Schnauzer, and visiting wineries in beautiful Woodinville, Washington.